Re: Valve Cover Gaskets

> How many listers out there have tried the
> rubber Corrado valve cover gasket on their
> 8V's. I only know of one person who tried it
> and it leaked even worse than the cork one.

Not sure how many... but I've had the one on my car off about 4-5 times
to do cam swaps...still does not leak...Sounds like your friend didn't
change the studs ?

> Any other ideas listers have tried to stop the
> valve cover from leaking?

You can also try the old making small punch marks on the head so the
gasket(cork or rubber) won't slide when you tighten it down.

> I am going to check my valve clearances and
> want to put it back together as leakproof as
> possible.

Rubber....& punch marks..

Mike Potter
a.k.a. Potterman