Re: replacing my hub n bearings

On 17 Jan 00 10:05:59 EST David Brown <sharpshooter33@usa.net> writes:
> I've got an 86 rocco that has a bad front bearing and probably hub.
> Get n> ready to take it on today. My first hub replacement job.  Anyone

> have any input. I know it's been on here before, but do I need any
special
> tools or are there any snags or things to look out for?  Do I need the
pickle
> fork and tie rod end remover tool or can I make do with something else?
Don't use a pickle fork, unless you are replacing the outer tie rod.
The Schley tool turns that job into a piece of cake, I' ll rent you my
tool for $20.

> Also I'm going to be needing a rear deck and a leather shifter boot.
> anybody know where I can find one?
I have a leather boot from a Wolfsburg Scirocco, $20.
I think I have a rear deck lid also, but I would have to check the
condition.

Peter
'79 Scirocco 16V project car
'80 Scirocco
'88 Scirocco 16V
'83 GTI, daily driver

              To reply to the Scirocco list click here:
<mailto:thescirocco@juno.com,scirocco-l@scirocco.org>