replacing my hub n bearings

I've got an 86 rocco that has a bad front bearing and probably hub. Get n
ready to take it on today. My first hub replacement job.  Anyone have any
input. I know it's been on here before, but do I need any special tools or are
there any snags or things to look out for?  Do I need the pickle fork and tie
rod end remover tool or can I make do with something else?

Any help would be appreciated.

Also just picked up my second rocco and 87 16v. Only has 2 problems.
1. oil leak at head gasket in back. How quickly should I replace this. It's
not loosing compression. Still runs strong. Was hoping to hold out until
warmer weather and I could put a new cam and polish intake at the same time.
2. Cold starting its a bear. It starts right up idles for a second then dies.
Then you have to pump it to keep it going until it warms up. All the while
white smoke with rich smell is comming out the back. Any Ideas on this one?

Also I'm going to be needing a rear deck and a leather shifter boot. anybody
know where I can find one?

Thanks for any help.
David
86 16v Black Wolfsburg