RE: do-it-yourself options

> Anyway, I'd hate to have to resort to stealth maintenance, but working
> outside is not too great this time of year (at work the car is in a
> relatively warm, reasonably lit, covered garage).
>
> So what do other people do?

I'm using my friends previous workplace's garage to do stuff on my car.
It's kind of a syndicate, I'm bringing them coffe sugar and milk and in
return I can use their carage to repair my car, but it's been so since I
swapped my engine. Before that I did it here and there. At grannys
countryside, on the street behind my 5 flat house, friends yard etc.

I would just love to get myself a nice little garage to do stuff. Because
the
garage I'm using is in the middle of nowhere and there is no transportation
to home from there, so when I screw up something then I'll have to stay at
the garage overnight (It has happened twice already).

Lauri, garage sleeper!
'84 1.8 16v Scirocco GTX Kamei X1 Bodykit (VIN025736)
http://www.ttu.ee/~laurts/scirocco
I finally added nothing new to my site!