do-it-yourself options

Hi all,

I'm wondering what the people on the list *without* their own garages do
for DIY stuff. I know that eventually, for some things, I'll either have
to pay somebody to do it for me, or find someone that has a garage I can
use. Right now I do a lot of work in my parking spot at work. Though I can
assure the building people there that I'm "just cleaning stuff", they
might not like it to discover that I'm doing oil changes, coolant flushes,
and such. A security guy I hadn't met yet came down today, to make sure I
wasn't doing "engine work" ("just cleaning!") but had I had the proper
tool with me at the time, the valve cover would have been on the ground
(though again, it's all just cleaning, isn't it?)

Anyway, I'd hate to have to resort to stealth maintenance, but working
outside is not too great this time of year (at work the car is in a
relatively warm, reasonably lit, covered garage).

So what do other people do?

-Oliver

Oliver Seiler -- Software Developer, Pivotal Software, http://www.pivotal.com
    Scirocco MkII Diary - http://erisian.com/~oseiler/scirocco/index.html