Re: No vacuum at TB

Vacuum advance is not supposed to have vacuum at an idle. It only operates
when you open the TB and expose that nipple for the advance unit to vacuum.

Have done a fuel pressure test? Have you checked the duty cycle?

>From: "Verne Harris (fnugen)" <fnugen@home.com>
>To: "scirocco" <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>,"vwot" <VWofT@onelist.com>
>Subject: No vacuum at TB
>Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2000 11:42:10 -0500
>
>     Hey all. I am in the midst of making an '84 GTi roadworthy. The car
>has a fairly serious hesitation when cold....and then serious bucking and
>sputtering when warm. I have tried a bunch of things, new TB and fuel dist
>boots, checked the coil, wires and plugs, replaced the injector O rings
>with good ones, a few different cold start valve's, timing, and other
>little niggly things that elude me at this moment. NOW, the other night I
>was out there looking it over again and pulled the vacuum advance
>hose....nothing......I pulled the hose off the back of the TB......nothing,
>the idle did not change in ANY way. I stuck a pin into the hole to see
>about maybe carbon buildup, nada..........so.....it seems that the TB isn't
>supplying ANY vacuum. HELP !!!!!!       Any and all suggestions are more
>than likely going to be tried.      See you all in my inbox.
>
>        Verne :
>      '84 Wolfsburg 8v Roc
>      '84 GTI winter car then project car
>      '93 Scott Boulder
>      http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Track/2830/   <---A1 pics only
>!!!!

Chris DeLong
ICQ#45030867
Seattle, WA USA
'80 16V Rag
'82 GLI (with a severely mangled trunk lock thanks to the fucking thieves!)
'80 'Vert
'61 17 Window
'78 Scirocco