Re: [Tech] Will 1.8 16v head fit on 1.6l block?

The oil return ports on the front of the head are too big and would have to
be welded smaller to make it work. Other that that I think it would be just
fine. HTH

>From: Testastrega@aol.com
>To: lauri.pettai@netexpress.ee, scirocco-l@scirocco.org
>Subject: Re: [Tech] Will 1.8 16v head fit on 1.6l block?
>Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2000 04:49:25 EST
>
>I think the oil/coolant passages are different.......
>

>Shannon
>"Better to burn out than to fade away"
>87 16V w/210,000 mi.
>
>--

Chris DeLong
ICQ#45030867
Seattle, WA USA
'80 16V Rag
'82 GLI (with a severely mangled trunk lock thanks to the fucking thieves!)
'80 'Vert
'61 17 Window
'78 Scirocco