Re: AutoX questions...

On Wed, 12 Jan 2000 13:23:16 -0700 Mike VanAmburgh <vwvr6r@fiber.net>
writes:

>I hit the top of second thru the slalom, which is in
>the neighborhood of 65-70.  If I was hitting 70 in my little VW, there
>HAD to be cars exceeding 80 or so.  I hear from Shawn Meze guy that
>the San Diego events are spread are pretty good too.

At the last event I hit high 3rd gear 3 times. (Stock geared 4K tranny
with 225/50ZR13's)
This is fairly typical for the west lot events. It just depends on who
designs to course.

>You won't be disappointed.  :-)  You also learn a LOT about your car and
>car dynamics in general.  Once you experience how your car behaves when
>pushed to it's limit, you can use it to your advantage...on the course
>AND the street in emergency situations.

Also it makes you a better, SAFER driver. Not really in the way that you
can drive fast, any moron can step on the loud pedal and drive fast. Its
more about how you know the cars limits, how far you can push it in a
situation and also if you autox, you will likely upgrade and better
maintain things like brakes ect.
Its a win-win situation.

Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi   82' Scirocco GTi   81' "Project Scirocco FSP"
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and