building a better short shift kit...

ok,
I have the eurosport short shift kit in both of my rocs, and
have driven several other types.  I'm beginning to feel that
the throw is still too long, so I'm thinking of different options.
The kits are set at maximum reduction right now, and I will be
cutting the shifter down a bit (but not too much!).
Can a make an even shorther throw?  Do I just have to modify
the selector rod, or are there other issues?
What's the best way to go about this?

p.s.: the reason I ask is because I was driving my girlfriend's
honduuhh, and her stock throw is as short as my reduced throw! >=(

Alex Ting
Account Manager
Millennium Solutions Group, Inc.
575 Menlo Dr. #4
Rocklin, CA  95765

Phone:  888.801.2001 ext. 228 or 916.630.2001
Fax:  916.630.2000
email:  alext@nu2u.net
icq #19613213