Help, wet feet

Over here in the UK we're getting a lot of rain at the moment, mixed
with days of hard frost.

This is the worst possible combination for my poor '86 GTX, since each
time it rains all four footwells fill with water, which then freezes!

It's probably a compliment to the car that the water stays there, but
I'd sooner be without and I've had enough of sponging it out.

Can anyone suggest where this water might be getting in, it's a real
pain. I assumed that the sunroof was the culprit, but I covered the
whole thing with sticky plastic sheet and it has made no difference.
There are no obvious holes or gaps in door seals or whatever. Help!

BTW I tried to search the archive via the website, but it isn't
working?

TIA

--

Mike Casswell