Stange noises and one other thing.

My 84 8-valve that I pikced p earlier this year is making strange
high-pitched scrpaing noises. Near as I can tell, they're coming from the
vicinity of the center console. Strangely enough, they abate somewhat on left
turns. Any ideas as to what could be causing this??

Also, I am incredibly new to working on vehicles. While I find the prospect
exciting, it leads me to wonder if there is anyone around southwest New
Hampshire, specifically the Keene-Peterborough area, that is willing to lend
me a helping hand in making my way.