Re: UK License Plates

An A-reg is a car registered in 1983 and a C-Reg is a car registered in 1986.
It is the strange way the UK license Plates work.  Each year is assigned a
letter and that letter is the beginning of the plate i.e. A73 HFH is the plate
on my Nova and the Scirocco is C363 BTP.  When a car is sold it has this
registration given to it and it is kept until the car is scrapped.
I'm not sure if the nova is related to the Suzuki swift or not but it is a very
popular car in the UK especially for young drivers.  It is the classic "Boy
Racer" car over here as they handle so well and are quite quick off the mark.
also they don't use much fuel as it is at about 80 Pence a litre now (about
$1.30) 80% of that is Tax, the UK government hate cars but with our weather I'm
not giving mine up!!

Adam.
'86 1600GT
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Street/4385/Car_Pics.htm