Re: I need exhaust suggestions and I am bitching about my car

Shit, I feel like
> my car is falling
> the hell apart!!!  I bought it this last summer and had
> it checked out and
> all, and up until just very recently, it has given me no
> problems.  Just a
> couple of weeks ago the hatch decided it did not want to
> latch anymore, then
> my driver's side kick panel decides it wants to break
> like nothing (have to
> get those little white brackets), and also the dashboard
> has started to
> rattle increasingly by every passing day...  like it is
> crying for a new
> motor mount...

Be sure to get this taken care of so as not to crack the
*expensive* 16v downpipe.

> It has just over 103k on the clock, and when I bought it
> (94k at the time),
> it gave no indication to me or the tech who checked it
> out that it had any
> hidden problems.  I am beginning to have my doubts.  Oh
> well, I guess when I
> begin to recover financially from the holidays, I will
> just have to dump a
> bunch of $$ into the car and maybe get it the hell out of
> my life....
>
>     Any exhaust or otherwise advice would be greatly
> appreciated!

I'm pretty happy with the Techtonics system on my '88.

> Thanks,
> Ben
> Falling apart 88 16v Scirocco in Portland

I wouldn't consider these "hidden problems" - the car is
now 12 years old and you must expect a few things to need
attention.  I'd much rather make repairs to my old car than
have a new car payment.

=====
Daun Yeagley
'79 Scirocco    <---For sale  :(
'80 Scirocco S
'81 Rabbit Pickup
'85 Scirocco 8v (2)
'88 Scirocco 16v
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."  - Dave Barry