RE: [rdo] heidelberg vi radio

I have a Heidelburg radio OEM in my VAnagon. I'm not sure if it is a vi
model. It was locked up due to too many incorrect enlocking attempts. $50 to
the dealer and a week later, we got the radio back working, and have been
able to enter the code properly.

Was it worth it ? No, IMHO, because later on it became intermittant. I was
able to find a cold-soldered resistor and repair it. Now the dial lamp has
died. It goes into auto-reverse as it wants to. And I never did like it's
lack of a tuning knob, or the awkward placement of tuning buttons.

Next time, I'd spend a few sheckels more and pick up one of today's modern
wunder-radios for ~$100.

-ps, A frind of mine recently acquired an original Blaupunkt mono radio, if
anyone is interested.

Ron Antaki

Antaki