Re: [rdo] heidelberg vi radio

IME this is incorrect. Recently I had a customer whose radio was locked up
due to not having the code. I called the dealer and told them the serial
number and they returned my call about an hour later with the correct code.
I have done this on numerous occassions. The Dealer CAN get you the code.
Now if you are just the average person they might not be able to just tell
anyone what the code is. Gee, I wonder why they have the codes anyway :) If
they wont tell you right off hand maybe you could try taking to a Vw repair
shop and ask them to call the dealer for you. HTH

>From: "ian" <e@sbbs.se>
>To: "jonas miller" <sjmill@erols.com>,"Foxx \(in a box\)"
><foxxinabox@core.com>
>CC: "scirocco list" <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
>Subject: Re: [rdo] heidelberg vi radio
>Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2000 04:15:39 -0500
>
>The dealerships do not have radio codes, but if you have the correct
>paperwork and about $50 (thats what it cost in 1994)they can send the radio
>away and get it recoded. I've had it done.
>
>Ian

Chris DeLong
ICQ#45030867
Seattle, WA USA
'80 16V Rag
'82 GLI (with a severely mangled trunk lock thanks to the fucking thieves!)
'80 'Vert
'61 17 Window
'78 Scirocco