Re: [rdo] heidelberg vi radio

>   has anyone figured out how to break the code on these yet or do i have
>to call the dealership? i just got one today out of a '91 passat and
>would like to put it in but don't know the code. anyone? also, is the
>heidelberg v back-lit? thanx.

AFAIK, you have to go to the dealer with the serial number of the radio,
along with the VIN of the car it came out of in order to use the radio.

I have one of those.. a cassette deck out of my Dad's A3 Jetta. If anyone
wants to buy. I can arrange to get the code for it, too.

-Dave
'81 Scirocco 16v (Winnie)
'87 Subaru GL 4WD Wagon (Evelyn)