RE: How fast can these things really go ?

My best was about 120mph on a very flat highway in cold (<30F) weather. It
still had a little more in it, but we were running out of road. This was the
"beater" 87 16v that Mike Leach bought (recently RIP). It had over 180k on
the odometer and needed a tune-up, and still surprised me with that speed.

I've never taken my 88 past 110 or so. I just never bothered, I guess! I
keep meaning to, but I figure it would probably top out at 124 or so, where
the book says it will. The speedo is also off a little, so any "top speed"
would be a rough estimate, anyway. I haven't done any engine modifications
(K&N filter, and that's about it).

Neal
88 16v