RE: Boge/Hor Suspension on Ebay

That's odd that your friends N-Race springs are higher than your H&Rs. My
H&R setup sits quite a bit higher than another local (who's owner is
non-Internet-aware) 16v with Konis and Neuspeed Race springs. The Race
springs are WAY stiffer, too. I could NOT get his front end to compress by
pushing on it, and the ride confirmed it! I've now ridden in several
different setups (thanks to 'Chung for several of them!) and have found the
Koni/H&R or Bilstein/H&R combo to be the best (IMHO). Boge/H&R is pretty
good for a lot less money but it is a noticable drop from the Konis.
Koni/N-Race would be awesome on a smooth track, but murder as a
daily-driver, though the owner felt that they "weren't harsh at all"
(proving that tastes vary). The Koni/H&Rs seem to provide the best
combination of controlled movement and a ride that is good on the track but
doesn't require perfect streets to drive around town. My *only* gripe is
that I wish they were a bit lower - say 1/2" or so. They were almost perfect
until I lightened the car with euro bumpers! I've only heard minor rubbing
on one particularly bad/wierd dip in the road since I got my 16" wheels a
couple weeks ago, and the shocks are still in the soft setting. This may be
the plus side to a slightly higher ride height.

FYI, H&R is the only brand that I've *never* heard a complaint about. On top
of the ride quality opinions, I've heard complaints about uneven lengths and
sagging from Hor and others. They also weren't any more expensive than
everything else I looked at (though getting them cheap through an auction or
from a friend may be a different story, of course).

YMMV, of course, but if it is a street-driven car and you aren't going to
get coil-overs, H&R is the only choice! I wish I could get a ride in a
Ground Control-equipped car, 'cause I hear it's very similar in ride
quality, but has the adjustable ride height that I would like for both looks
and performance on a track.

Neal