Re: Webber Carbs 8v, 2.0L conversion, etc...

Hi Armando! I had dual sidedraught DCOE 40mm carbs on my rabbit (now on my
'roc). They were very good to me. I had problems however with them getting
to hot and the car would die when it was up to operating temp. I.E. stop and
go traffic. Very good responsiveness and power. Reliability was good. I did
however have to adjust them every 6 months or so. It was quick and for the
torque i got without the injection was incomparable. I would take the carbs
any day over injection even if I had to adjust them every 6 months. Oh and
BTW they are now on a 16v engine in my roc and I have no problem with dying
or anything due to the mounting differences.

>From: "Armando Pereira" <armando_pereira@hotmail.com>
>To: Scirocco-l@scirocco.org
>Subject: Webber Carbs 8v, 2.0L conversion, etc...
>Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2000 02:56:13 PST
>
>Got the braided brake lines put in and I recommend then to anyone...
>Definitely more feedback, great bang for the buck.  I'm sure it'll be even
>better once I put on some performance tires...  the Zimmermann vented disks
>and green pads are also tops.
>
>But now that I can stop the car I need to get it moving!
>
>Oil is leaking massively from my 1.6L and I've decided on getting a new
>engine.  It's embarassing to leave a spot everyplace I park.
>
>I found a place that'll drop in a 1.8L lump for 440 GBP (About US$ 700).
>I'm willing to spend up to a 1000 GBP so maybe I'll get the A2 2.0L.  I
>want
>to run carbs though.
>
>Anyone running Webber carbs on an 8v?  Are they worthwhile?  Dependable?
>
>How much different the 1.6L heads are from the 1.8L?  In other words can I
>use my 1.6L head in the 2.0L conversion?
>
>Finally, Has anyone installed a G60?
>
>Thanks,
>Armando
>
>89 MK2 1.6L 8v

Chris DeLong
ICQ#45030867
Seattle, WA USA
'80 16V Rag
'82 GLI (with a severely mangled trunk lock thanks to the fucking thieves!)
'80 'Vert
'61 17 Window
'78 Scirocco