RE: Autotech stroker kit

Got em on my own car. No problem! I dont consume any oil, I have NO
complaints. I think that it would be a folly to discount their quality. They
are a very good ring (and I mean the second compression ring). If anyone has
had problem I would attribute it to improper break in and/or fitting. Good
ring! Wouldnt buy anything else!

>From: "Aaron Ness" <aaron@makuta.com>
>To: <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
>Subject: RE: Autotech stroker kit
>Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2000 08:55:43 -0500
>
>275?  That sounds kinda high to me.  Is that pretty typical of some of the
>mildly high-performance engines, or will it dislike pump gas?  Forgive my
>ignorance; I'm more familiar with ACVW engines, where 150 psi tends to be a
>lot.
>
>There was a thread on the Hooligan Racing list a few months back about
>Total
>Seal rings.  Basically the idea was that they're junk.  You might get one
>set that's great, and you might get another set that leaks.  Has anyone
>here
>used them on their own cars?  Opinions?
>
>Aaron
>'84 Scirocco - Woo-hoo!