Re: Um no power under 4.5k!!! Help!

In a message dated 1/5/2000 01:40:14 GMT Standard Time, gcurl4866@yahoo.com
writes:

> water in the dist cap.  Above 4.5k your throwing spark
>  around so much it may be vaporizing the water or
>  simply throwing spark fast enough to let the water not
>  make a difference.  Take the cap off and blow
>  compressed air into the dist housing to clear out the
>  water.  Use compressed air or denatured alchohol(sp?)
>  on the cap.  Should clear up your problem...
>  George-

I was told by one of the most respected mechanics in my town, that if you
blow a dist cap out w/ compressed air, that the tiny iron particles in
unfiltered air will embed in the cap, creating a path for spark and then
carbon tracks.  Water in the cap can best be removed with a tiny squirt of
WD-40 and wiping dry with a clean rag.  Remember, don't put the cap back on
wet with WD-40 unless it is part of a fireworks show!  However, wouldn't it
seem that if RPMs below 4K were affected that the car might not idle at all?

Ben
84 8v