Re: Electrical gremlins, continued...

The fuel filter was replaced in the summer.  It wasn't the cleanest in
there, but it didn't seem too bad either.  To be on the safe side, I have
taken the precation of only draining the tank halfway.  The bucking
continues through the entire range except at closed throttle, but it's at
its worst in the 2.5 - 3.5k range.  I don't hear any relay clicking,
either.

I am inclined to think the problem is electrical since (until recently)
it would go away with a load on the electrical system, such as the
headlights.

B.

'82 Scirocco (a.k.a. "Fritz")
'85 Jetta