Re: MK1 S: should i trade.

--- Jason Arms <redbug64@hotmail.com> wrote:
> List,
> Ok, here is the story.  I have a line on an '81
> scirocco s.  It is a
> blue-green, sort of a teal color.  andyone know what
> this color is called?

No idea, if it's an "S" - this is not the original
colour.

The Scirocco S came in:

Cosmos Silver Metallic
Cirrus Gray Metallic
Mars Red
Black
Alpine White

> It had black cloth seats with red stripes.  These
> seats are perfect, no rips
> tears or dammaged foam.  The car is 100% original,
> this person bought it
> from the original owner about 2 years ago.  He has
> ALL documents including
> original window sticker etc.  Bad things are as
> follows:  sometime early in
> the cars life something happened that caused someone
> to replace the right
> rear quarter pannel.  it was replaced with a new
> dealer part.  Whoever the
> dumbass was who replaced it welded it at a slight
> angle.  When you shut the
> door, the top of the door is about 2mm closer than
> at the bottom.  At the
> bottom where it was welded to the rocker pannel,
> there is rust on the seam,
> and a small rot hole.  This whole pannel needs to be
> repainted also, the
> paint is all scractchy looking.  There is a couple
> small bubbles of rust at
> each bottom corner of the windshild.  Also, last
> summer the VW MECHANIC who
> currently owns the car tboned a f*****g honda! Good
> thing was that it put a
> big ass dent in the side of the honda. Consequently,
> the right half of the
> grille, right outer headlight, and turn signal and
> front corrner of the
> fender are slightly dammaged.  I think that i have
> access to the body parts
> that it needs in my local scrap yard, and if not, im
> shure one of you guies
> have the stuff. Doors don't hang down when you open
> them, original wheels.
> Overall though, the Body is very clean with
> beautiful orginal paint.

==Are you sure it's original? - look at the original
window sticker . . .

  No
> rust on floors or leaks.  Engine is orginal 1.7 with
> pretty high miledge,
> but he is a vw mechanic so everything works good.
> Here is the deal.  I have
> him interested in trading it for my '84 Jetta GLI.
> My GLI's body is
> perfict, 200k no rust what so ever, but it has been
> having some pretty bad
> engine trouble.  Is this a good trade, should i owe
> him $$, should he owe
> me$$, or shold it be an even trade?  Or should i
> keep my GLI and keep
> looking for a more clean MK1 S?  I have fallen in
> love with the color of
> this car, i really would like to know the name of
> this color.  Thank you and
> i cant wait for your responces.

It sounds like a scary car . . . I would keep the GLI

=====
Mark Peele
1981 Scirocco, 1982 Scirocco, 1978 Scirocco, 1987 Golf GT
http://www.scirocco2.de/mark.htm
Direct Mail: SCIROCCO_GTX@YAHOO.COM
Need parts? try http://www.parts4vws.com/ (Potterman)
or http://www.germanautoparts.com/ (Adirondack)