Re: MK1 S: should i trade.

Jason,
My first 81S was this color. It is my 2nd favorite color on a Scirocco, the
Cosmos Silver being my favorite. The 81S's came in only three colors, Mars
Red, Cosmos Silver, and Cirrus Metallic. Yours is the Cirrus. If you want to
see a pic of mine go to http://www.jswinsurance.com/scirocco1/s1c.html .
There are pictures and a little story of the car on the site.
I would keep the Mk1 Jetta GLI, it is probably rarer than the Scirocco S,
and hold out for one that does not have the body damage you are describing
unless you plan on spending thousands to have it re-fixed and keeping the
car forever. S's are not as rare as most people think unless you live east
of say.......Denver. Out here in CA I see one on the road at least once a
month. Considering I have two near pristine ones and my friend David got a
Cirrus 81S for free with the original paint and S spoiler intact, if you
want one come out to CA or search the net and you will find what you are
looking for.
Hope this helps.

Randy B.
Cosmos 81 Scirocco S - soon to be 2.0L 16V
Mars 81 Scirocco S - t t 1847cc
Cirrus 81 Scirocco S - My very first Scirocco S (sold in 93)