MK1 S: should i trade.

List,
Ok, here is the story.  I have a line on an '81 scirocco s.  It is a
blue-green, sort of a teal color.  andyone know what this color is called?
It had black cloth seats with red stripes.  These seats are perfect, no rips
tears or dammaged foam.  The car is 100% original, this person bought it
from the original owner about 2 years ago.  He has ALL documents including
original window sticker etc.  Bad things are as follows:  sometime early in
the cars life something happened that caused someone to replace the right
rear quarter pannel.  it was replaced with a new dealer part.  Whoever the
dumbass was who replaced it welded it at a slight angle.  When you shut the
door, the top of the door is about 2mm closer than at the bottom.  At the
bottom where it was welded to the rocker pannel, there is rust on the seam,
and a small rot hole.  This whole pannel needs to be repainted also, the
paint is all scractchy looking.  There is a couple small bubbles of rust at
each bottom corner of the windshild.  Also, last summer the VW MECHANIC who
currently owns the car tboned a f*****g honda! Good thing was that it put a
big ass dent in the side of the honda. Consequently, the right half of the
grille, right outer headlight, and turn signal and front corrner of the
fender are slightly dammaged.  I think that i have access to the body parts
that it needs in my local scrap yard, and if not, im shure one of you guies
have the stuff. Doors don't hang down when you open them, original wheels.
Overall though, the Body is very clean with beautiful orginal paint.  No
rust on floors or leaks.  Engine is orginal 1.7 with pretty high miledge,
but he is a vw mechanic so everything works good.  Here is the deal.  I have
him interested in trading it for my '84 Jetta GLI.  My GLI's body is
perfict, 200k no rust what so ever, but it has been having some pretty bad
engine trouble.  Is this a good trade, should i owe him $$, should he owe
me$$, or shold it be an even trade?  Or should i keep my GLI and keep
looking for a more clean MK1 S?  I have fallen in love with the color of
this car, i really would like to know the name of this color.  Thank you and
i cant wait for your responces.

Jason Arms
'Maybee an '81 rocco S!!
'87 Scirocco 16v (hibernating)
'64 Sunroof Beetle (livin a new life)(hibernating)
'84 Rabbit GTI (sis is driving)
'84 Jetta GLI (the skimobile)
'84 Jetta GLI (parts car)everything is for sale!