[8v,JH] control-pressure regulator vacuum connections

Hi all,

I was looking at my control-pressure regulator (warm-up regulator) today
and noticed that it appears to have a vacuum connection on it, but no
vacuum hose connected (it has a plastic cap over, looking suspiciously
like what I'd expect a new one out of the box to have.

For those of you who have the Bentley Bosch Fuel Injection book (by
Probst) it actually looks like the one in fig 5-4 on page 6-16, which
apparently has full-load enrichment (through the vacuum connection) and
altitude compensation.

Anyway, I'm not sure if these are stock on an '86 8V, but I'm pretty
suspicious about that unconnected hose connection. Based on my
understanding of it, this could be the cause of my poor mileage, poor
idle, rich mixture, etc. Anyone else have one of these on their car and if
so, where is the vacuum hose connected to?

Thanks,
Oliver

Oliver Seiler -- Software Developer, Pivotal Software, http://www.pivotal.com
    Scirocco MkII Diary - http://erisian.com/~oseiler/scirocco/index.html