Re: Airbox ducting stock?

Ryan writes:
>> >Did any models / years come stock with duct work from the airbox to
>behind
>> >the front airdam? I've got it on mine and it looks like it could be
>stock.
>> >It's a pretty good size piece of tubing, about one and a half the size
of
>> >the radiator hose. Just wondering.
>> >
>> >Ryan M

I'll try this again 8)
If you have a Mk1, this sounds like a custom piece. I haven't seen this on
any Mk2's either.
Both of my Mk1 S's came with a plastic accordion pipe attached to the lower
radiator support box section (how the heck it got any air is beyond me:) ) I
re-ran mine from the drivers side brake duct hole on the S spoiler the first
time I tried this until I drove through a huge water puddle during a hard
rain and stalled the motor :(.  I promptly removed it, and later moved it to
higher ground. If you don't play in the puddles that should be a good
location for cold air, but watch out for rain. Sorry about the previous
message, I must have somehow deleted the message before I sent it, go
figure.
HTH

Randy B.
Cosmos 81 Scirocco S - soon to be 2.0L 16V
Mars 81 Scirocco S - t t 1847cc