Re: Don't swiss cheese your Airbox

Your welcome Rick,
This talk of airboxes got me thinking and so I went out to my Mars 81 and
re-ran the air ducting for my airbox. This time I ran it under the battery
tray, around the radiator and through a hole in the cardboard like panel
that covers the square holes in the front sheetmetal just below and behind
the front bumper. This may only work with non-AC cars though. I used a 2"
aluminum flexible pre-heater hose from the local VW Bug shop. I now have
fresh air coming into the airbox and it is just as quiet as stock. You might
try this with yours. I am always looking for true performance gains, most of
the time regardless of looks, sound or comfort.
My humble philosophy is that it either looks and sounds fast, or it IS FAST.

Randy B.
Cosmos 81 Scirocco S - soon to be 2.0L 16V
Mars 81 Scirocco S - t t 1847cc