Re: Air box Q..........

I found a part that may be of interest to you guys seeking a custom airbox.
The 74 Audi Fox has an aluminum bottom to it's airflow sensor.  This is
connected to a remote air filter box.  It looks like you could put the
aluminum bottom (has like a 2.5" inlet) on your sensor and then run some pipe
to a K&N cone style filter someplace where you can find cold air.  The VAG
part # is 049.133.359.  It's doubtful that the part is still available, but,
if you can find one in a junkyard, it would be an interesting experiment.  I
haven't tried it on one of my cars yet, but, I intend to someday.  It's only
on the first year of the Fox.  They switched to a setup like VW's with the
whole assembly next to the intake manifold the next year.

Tom