Bilstein Inserts

A couple of months ago I replaced my front struts (seven year old Bilstein sports) because one was broken and they were seven years old.  I made the mistake of going cheap and I bought the sport inserts instead of the complete assembly.  As someone stated before, the sleeves on the Bilstein is thicker than the stock and you do give up some firmness when you do not spend the extra bucks and go with the entire Bilstein strut/shock assembly.  For street use, the inserts are fine....very roadable.  On the AutoX is where you can tell the difference.  If you are thinking about going to Bilsteins....Buy the entire assembly.

Dale Witt
86 2.0 16v Scirocco
82 2.1 16v Scirocco
85 1.8 8v GTI