Re: Hard shifting/weird clutch engaging

SubConSk8@aol.com wrote:

> A new problem has developed in my MK2...When I shift, it won't go into gear
> very easy...I have to really push it...Then, when I let out the clutch when I
> am stop, right away it feels like the clutch is engaging and it almost
> dies...This is weird...I knew my clutch was going bad, but this happened all
> of a sudden...I wasn't having any problems besides slipping before...TIA
>
> Stephen Mull
> '86 8v Rocco Black
> Seattle, WA

Sounds like your clutch cable is stretching out on it's way
towards breaking, eventually.

Get a new one, you don't have to wait for it to go all the way
out.

Some later cars (maybe yours) came with a self adjusting cable,
it's expensive to replace but you can use the simpler manual
adjusting cable as a replacement. You won't need to replace the
thing every week or anything so it's a win-win anyway.

hth,
TBerk