From: StephyGee
Sent: Thursday, February 24, 2000 7:47 PM
Subject: Fw: "How To" Pictures

-----Original Message-----
From: StephyGee <stephygee@prodigy.net>
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Date: Thursday, February 24, 2000 12:20 PM
Subject: "How To" Pictures

Browsing the web in my one-hour time slot 2day [had homework 2 do =(] and came across a fellow selling videos featuring various VWs (Scirocco's too, I guess) at some speed strip in San Diego or somewhere'z thereabouts.  Interesting.  Running on the treadmill this evenin' after doin' my homework and pondering if a) was I having a heart attach (my chest wuz killin' me) and b) how come there aren't any new piccy's of "how to" on the Scirocco.org site.  I mean, geez, you guys/womenfolk offer a plethora (three syllables) of information and we don't document it.  Ever wonder why we keep askin' the same questions on the list?  I like the different answers, but sometimes I can't help but think...."hey, we talked about this way back when..."  I know we have an archive (right?) so'z we can research and all, but as my grade skool =) teacher once told me, "Steph, lemme show you this here picture...maybe you remember easier, no?" =)  Ahhhh, skool dayz :)

For instance...a few weeks ago, someone posted piccy's of his new 17" (??) wheels to the list.  Couldn't we put a close up shot of 15", 16", and 17" piccy's of wheels (on stock or lowered suspension <before and after pics would be shhhweeet>) so we (other listers) and other folkz browsing the site can see what the setup may look like on their car?  Or simple stuff like cleaning your throttle body and idle stabilizer valve with carburetor cleaner (I performed this feat myself thanks to input from this list and the vw newsgroup) to get that crispy throttle response if'n part of your intake was filthy.  Even changed the air filter, I did :)  *oohhh ahhhhh*

How 'bout it?  Or BETTER still, why not video some of these feats and offer to sell copies?  I know I get excited watching "ShadeTree Mechanic" and "Performance Car" on teee veeee but I sure wish I wasn't lookin' at 'em put an exhaust on a Honda/Acura/BMW/whatever and wished it was a Scirocco.  I tell ya folkzz, I can only fantasize just SO much! {:/  If anyone has videos of 'em swappin' out a cam or fixin' somethin' on their Scirocco (16v in my case), I'm willing to part with some green to get a copy.  I don't sound too desperate, do I? =(

Steph

P.S.  And another thing...I know it's not free, this Scirocco list and web site.  Do we take donations from listers to keep enjoying this wee cyberspace?  How is the list funded?  Where do I drop off my donation?