A desperate plea.....

Hello all my fellow listers.....
This email comes after a long night of soul searching and pondering.  It
all started when I was at the drug store this evening.  I walked out of
the door and I heard a most amazing sound on the road coming towards me,
it was the sweet sound of a tuned exhaust hooked up to a VR6 in a jet
black Corrado SLC.  As it drove past, I found myself lusting after on of
these wonderful machines once again.  Then I looked at my car, my 1986
Nissan Maxima with it's weak V6, somewhat rusty door panels, the same
car that has been in my family since we bought it new all those years
ago, and I dreaded driving home.  I thought of my poor Scirocco, sitting
in a storage 'cell', shivering, huddled under it's blanket of snow,
waiting for a heart transplant like it has been since my engine seized
in October.  I hated myself for getting myself into the financial strait
that I've gotten myself into over these past years, an (ex)-struggling
college student with too many bills and not enough money.  So this is
what I came up with.
For the first time in my life, I'm asking for charity.  I'm pleading to
my fellow Volkswagen enthusiasts (who I KNOW hate seeing a poor 'rocco
owner driving a Rice burner) to help me out.  To be blunt, I'm asking
for money.  Pennies, nickels, dimes, anything.  My plan is to purchase a
new (used, but in good shape) 1.8 JH motor.  Nothing fancy, no mods, I
just want an engine.  I figure I can buy an engine for around $300,
installation would be done by myself and a fellow European car nut (he's
a Volvo fan).  In return, I offer myself in whatever way I can be of
assistance, watching the kids, walking the dog, washing 'roccos,
whatever I can possibly do.  I don't want to take money with no return,
so if you have any bright ideas don't be afraid to let me know.

If anyone out there would be half interested in any of this, please
email me directly.

Sincerely,
Nate Mellom
'84 Silver Scirocco

PS.  Of course, I'm mostly half kidding about all of this, but I figured
what the heck, it might just work.  I am broke, my car does need an
engine, and my Maxima is getting more and more depressing everyday.