DooDoo Brakes

The other day I had my '88 16v on the lift and was just checking over
everything (engine still in the front, four wheels, stuff like
that).  When I went to look at the rear disc brakes they were ulgy!  The
discs were all gray, not shiney like the front ones, almost as if they
were heat warped.  And very pitted, even alittle wavy.  Just looking at
them I know I will have to spin them down or even get new ones.  The pads
still had life in them.
  So I think it is someting with the calpiers.  But when I put the e-break
on or put my foot on the brake the wheels don't move.  So I am lost
with this one.  I just wanted to see if anyone else has had this problem
w/their back brakes before I started to tare things a part.
Chris