Re: [all] who are we supposed to hate?

On Tue, 22 Feb 2000 16:35:15 -0500 "Foxx (in a box)"
<foxxinabox@core.com> writes:
>  i know there is a big anti-honda thing, but are they the only people
>we're supposed to hate?

Gee I forget...... anybody got the latest list?

I honestly don't see why we need to hate anyone. Do I like Hondas? No,
not really but much respect is had by myself for the Honda crowd that is
running 9-10 second ET's with them. That goes for the rest of the import
and domestic scene, they're out there doing and I haven't seen ANY VW's
in the results lists under the 15 second mark.

I see them (the other than VW cars) as potential competitors, no reason
to hate anyone. I laugh at some of the funny stuff they do to their cars
but I see alot of sad stuff done to VW's too. The whole "Riceboy" thing
irritates me. No need to label somebody based on what they drive.

I see hate ALL the time in the VW Neswgroup from these elitist who happen
to drive VW's. "Oh, look, he has a sticker on his car, he must be a
Riceboy!" Grow up already.

To think that VW's are the -ONLY- cars anyone should drive is simply,
pathetic. Not everybody will get out of a VW that we do. I drive and own
VW's because I really like the cars. If I wanted to be the fastest autox
driver, I wouldn't be in a VW, id be in some MOD car for sure. The point
is, do what you like and if somebody does something different, that's ok
too. Why be so judgmental over cars?? Find something else to do with your
time than to sulk over which cars were supposed to hate.

Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi   82' Scirocco GTi   81' "Project Scirocco FSP"
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and