Shaved Cylinder Head?

Greetings All,

Anyone ever "shaved" a 16v cylinder head or know someone who has?  Now...to piggy back that question, shaving a head is only to increase compression, right?  And if one increases the compression, how does this affect fuel distribution?  I know...the TT fuel enrichment module is on my "to get" list...but I was just wondering, even with the ability to "tweak" fuel distribution, just what are the measurable gains (or losses?) to be had with a shaved 16v head?  No techno-babble please, just break it down to me real easy like.  I'm not a mechanic...just an extremely curious by-stander.  How'd you think I learned about auto body painting? ;)

Steph
"fighting a bout of insomnia armed with a computer"