Re:

In a message dated 2/19/00 7:41:30 AM Pacific Standard Time,
vi0lat0r@redconnect.net writes:

<< Well i think i figured it out. its my alt.. after i wrote my last post i
 went to get some lunch and when i came out of the store my car was stone
 dead. i thought it was the batt. so i swaped it out with a nother one.
 later on i was driving down the street turned on my head lights and bamb
 car stalled. the batt was dead. does anyone know where i can get a better
 alt than the stock one? >>

To save yourself the cost of a new alternator, check out the brushes first.
They may be worn and for a few bucks they can be replaced.  Refer to your
Bentley on how to do this.
GL.

-Dick-
78 Scirocco
Original Owner
Original alternator, second set of brushes.
<A HREF="http://member.aol.com/sailingfc/">http://member.aol.com/sailingfc/</A