Re: Parking Brake only locks rear wheels? ..or.. burnout competition :)

> Can anyone confirm this for me?  The parking brake only stops the rear
> wheels from spinning, correct?

    you are correct.

> A few friends and I are goofing around with
> the digital camera later, and wanna know if this is a way that I can cheat
> to prolong my burnout?  Already plan to bathe the tires in wd-40 also ..
heh
> heh.  Also feel free to persuade me not to do this... if theres a good
> reason not to.  :)

    ok, you know what?  this is just plain stoopid.  you MUST be a new
scirocco owner.  i mean, really, why the hell would you go and waste your
time and e-brake?  save it for the snow where it is most useful.

    now, if you really want to have some fun doing a burnout, use
oil/coolant/water/wd-40/something that'll give the tires some slip put some
foam/cloth/something soft on your front bumper, and rest that pig up against
the wall.  now would be a good time to use the e-brake, so as to keep the
car locked up tight against the wall.  then, rev the motor up to about
3-4000rpm, and dump the clutch.  as soon as the tires start to spin, you
should be able to play with the throttle to rev it between 3000-6500.  i
suggest that you keep it around 4000rpm, unless you can get a strong source
of fresh air (i.e. wind) flowing thru your rad to keep it cool.

    in december, me and a bunch of friends did this.  i did 2 consecutive 1
minute long burnouts in the hopes of blowing up the tires (unfortnuately, it
didin't happen.  next time i'll be throwing the donuts on the front, then
we'll see what kind of excitement we can have).  1 minute may not sound like
a long time, but the temp guage was climbing fast (hit 125ºC by the end of
it).

    we used to like doing it in the european way (having 4 or 5 people hold
the front of the car while the clutch is dumped and just move the car back
and forth), but that'll choke you in no time at all (no, you will not be run
over)

    so anyways, smarten up!! :)

    that goes for the rest of you, too!  why don't you guys go out with some
friends, a video camera, some old tires on the front of yer dub, and rip the
bastards up?  if you're going to cinci, it'll be a perfect forum for you to
show off your tire-killing skillz.  what do you guys think of that?

jason
the mad bastard