Parking Brake only locks rear wheels? ..or.. burnout competition :)

Can anyone confirm this for me?  The parking brake only stops the rear
wheels from spinning, correct?   A few friends and I are goofing around with
the digital camera later, and wanna know if this is a way that I can cheat
to prolong my burnout?  Already plan to bathe the tires in wd-40 also .. heh
heh.  Also feel free to persuade me not to do this... if theres a good
reason not to.  :)

tim
87 16v