Techtonics engines

Scott wrote:

<snip>
>Robinson Family wrote:
>> Techtonics makes engines?

>They don't actually build motors anymore. Actually they only did that
>for insiders. They were most famous for their amazing cylinder heads
>which made them gods amongst men. Sorry, they don't make those anymore,
>either. :^( Nor do they publish their "Amazing Dyno Stories" datasheets
>really push the envelope of VW research like they used to. They still
>rule, though.
<snip>

You are right about that Scott.
Too bad they don't build engine's anymore though :(
I currently have a Techtonics 1847cc motor with about 6K mi on it. It was
built from an overbored 1715 EN. This motor was built back in 1989 and
sat for 10 years with 0 mi. on it until I came along and bought it from an
81 Jetta owner that opted for the 2.0 8V motor. All I can say is WOW what
a great motor. I like it much better than the stock JH that was in my other
81 Scirocco.
The great thing about Techtonics Tuning is that their customer service
is 2nd to none in this field. I called them about this motor, and even
though it was 10 years old and I wasn't the original purchaser, everyone
I talked to was friendly and very helpful with all of my 101 questions.
If you guys are out there listening.
Thanks to Darrel, Colin, and Randy.

Another Scirocco owner friend of mine not on the list has at least 2
Oettinger 16V motors for his 81 Scirocco and only lets Techtonics
Tuning do any kind of work on them. Each one of these motors is
worth $$.

Sorry if this sounds like an advertisement, but I really do admire them.

Randy B.
Cosmos 81 Scirocco S - soon to be 2.0L 16V
Mars 81 Scirocco S - t t 1847cc