Re: fuel economy theory

Oliver Seiler wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> My '86 8V is getting *real* bad mileage (haven't figured it out exactly
> lately, but around 15 MPG).....
> Thanks a lot,
> Oliver

Here's my take on your situation;

Previous owner had things adjusted while it was leaking, now that it's
getting better it's throwing the balance off. I'd look to replace the O2
on principle (get the 4 into 2 manifold and down pipe while your at it
if you can). Liquid wrench is ok to get the thing off, spray it on the
night before.

When you get the tune up stuff done like O2 and cap and rotor, plugs and
stuff then have the air to fuel ratio set by a shop with the sensor they
stick up the tail pipe. Once it's dialed in you can keep it there.

hth,
TBerk