Re: Boge strut - color?

Peter wrote:

<snip>
>I'm pretty sure that the Boge Turbos are black and that the Boge Progas'
>are yellow.
>All the Turbos that I have seen have been black. I have an '87 16V GTI
>parts car with yellow Progas and undetermined lowering springs, but those
>are the only Progas struts that I have seen.
<snip>

I have purchased two different sets of Boge Turbo Gas for
my Mk1's, ( aprox.1990 and 1993 I believe) from New
Dimensions and both sets were yellow.
I have since returned both sets for new ones with the lifetime
warranty and got back black ones, go figure.
This is my experience unless the first two sets were Pro-gas
and I got them for Turbo-gas prices?
My opinion of these struts is that if they didn't have a lifetime
replacement warranty, I wouldn't buy them. They just don't
stand up to the abuse that most of us rocket builders give em'.
-Randy