RE: lockless w/factory PDL

Casey Webster wrote:
>I already have the power locks, but I think to hook up the
>keyless entry, I
>need some kind of actuator to push up the plunger, as the locks
>are vacuum
>controlled, I can't exactly hook up the wire to the vacuum line.

The remote entry unit will easily work with your factory PDL's.
The unit will have electrical outputs for lock and unlock. You simply
have to splice these in to the wires coming into the vacuum pump in the
trunk. Study the Bentley diagram of the PDL's and you'll see what I
mean. Pretty neat, because you don't have to hide it under the dash, but
it can go in the trunk, where there is more space.

I installed autoloc's remote entry unit(+ power locks) and the install
would be very easy to do for factory PDL's. You wouldn't even have to
open the doors to install it.

HTH

Jonas
85 Scirocco 2.0 w/ remote entry