Re: Lockless handles WAS: same key....interesting

I think that the original poster means you want to retain a method by
which you can gain entry to the car if the central locking system is dead
(ie battery flat etc.) so you want to keep the lock on the trunk latch so
you can use your key to open it and crawl through in an emergency.  It can
still stay connected to the central locking system.

Drew (84 Wolfsburg Ed.)

On Wed, 16 Feb 2000, Casey Webster wrote:

> >>Good advice is to retain the trunk lock or have some way if recharging the
> battery if you by accident forgets some electrical thing in the car and your
> battery is empty.
>
> Hmmm...I would have to unhook the power locks from the trunk lock to do
> this....how would I do that....just unplug the vacuum line?
>
> Casey
> 84 Black Roc
> 84 Silver Winter Roc

Drew MacPherson, Network Analyst, University of Guelph

drew@dyermaker.cs.uoguelph.ca           |  visit the Massey-Harris page:
http://dyermaker.cs.uoguelph.ca/~drew   |  http://m-h.cs.uoguelph.ca