Re:Rocco leak Wet Seat belt .help!

My 84 doesn't have any leaks (at least not where fluid is leaking INTO the
car... :))  All the standard VW leak sources seem to apply to Sciroccos
(I expect that living in a wet climate would tend to aggravate these: )

Hatch seal

Tail-light gaskets

Door vapour barriers

Air conditioning drain tube( don't have firsthand experience on this one?)

Raintray drain tubes (in engine compartment)

Windshield gaskets (hard on the fuse panel/relay plate, esp MKI)

Body rust perforation (ouch, ugly!)

Sunroof drain tubes (hint - use an old speedo cable to unblock
these *GENTLY* to avoid splitting or separating the plastic tubes.  The
sunroof gasket is NOT watertight by design - it's designed to eliminate
whistling. Water that leaks around the sunroof seal drained away from all
4 corners of the sunroof "tray" by drain tubes.  If these tubes are
blocked by crud/leaves/dirt, the water will back up over the lip of the
sunroof tray and leak into the car.)

On Tue, 15 Feb 2000 Captnbr@aol.com wrote:

> Just a quick question.  Is there any lister out there whose Rocco is NOT
> leaking???  I have pretty much written it of and consider it a part of
> Scirocco charm/character.
>
> Brian 86 16v
> http://hometown.aol.com/captnbr/myhomepage/auto.html

Drew MacPherson, Network Analyst, University of Guelph

drew@dyermaker.cs.uoguelph.ca           |  visit the Massey-Harris page:
http://dyermaker.cs.uoguelph.ca/~drew   |  http://m-h.cs.uoguelph.ca