RE: Haa haa. . . new project beginning

One interesting thing is the difference in mentality here.  It all depends
on where and what you want to run this car.

If it is PCA be it club race or auto-x you will not be able to run with the
V8, with the 3.6 unit you will.  IT all depends on what you want to do.

I really don't care what engine goes into a 914 bay as long as you don't
trash the car to do it.  Make the install clean and professional looking and
most things look pretty good in that bay.

I have toyed with a n Rotary 13B engines, and always come back to my little
type-4.

You see a 914 weighs in at 2150lbs fully wet, original street trim.  You can
nock that down to 1750lbs with pretty conventional means.  Take a 2.4L
type-4 engine and run it up to 190hp.  You kick some serious behind.  0-60s
are way down in the mid 5s.  You don't need a NASCAR V8 660hp engine to make
a 914 move.  220-250 will do just fine, that is stock V8 territory.  You can
still use the 901, just lock out first gear, save a bundle on the tranny
expenses.  This 914 will move, better than most anything out there.  Enjoy.

I my sell like the little power plants and getting the most out of them.
But that is just me and to each there own.

Stephen Jacobs
70 914-6 (911 2.0L engine) stock from the factory and staying that way.
74 914 2.0L - modified to be one kick to drive
76 914 2.0L - chassis for sale