wonky idling

The idle seems a little Wonky on my silver 84.

When I first start the car, it idles around 1500 or so for a minute or so (which I think seems normal, just warming up quick), but then it will drop to around 450 and sounds like it's about to stall (even the battery light starts flashin).  I will then drive the car, or let it sit there running, for about 3 minutes, and the idle will bump itself back up to around 900-1000.  And it's fine from then on.

All of this happens no matter if I'm driving the car, or if I turn the key on and don't touch the gas once.  It takes the exact same 3 minutes for the idle to go back to normal.

Now this doesn't seem to be a cold start problem because even if I drive the car for 30 minutes, then shut it off, then start it again 2 minutes later, the same thing happens.

I think the engine is running a tad rich, but that shouldn't have anything to do with the weird idle should it?
Any suggestions?

TIA

Casey
84 Black Roc