Re: Haa haa. . . new project beginning

> > Problem is, I may fall in love with the 914-6 and not
> > want to do the V8 hybridization.
>
> Hmm.. heavy pig-iron pushrod V8 in 914, or 911 flat-6 motor??  And you
> are still even CONSIDERING dropping that silly V8 in there?

The weight difference isn't what you think. I was reading about this also,
and the big fat 3.2 911 motor weighs #510! The 350 with cast iron everything
only weighs #480! They say you can drop #50 off this if you have the
aluminum heads, wich would be a must anyway! Then you go to rebuild the v8,
and it cost's you $300 vs. the $3000 for the 911. I'm not saying the v8 is
the coolest solution, but it is the most logical.

-Noah
-83 VW Callaway Turbo Rocco (FORSALE)
-83 VW 16v Cabbie (coming soon...)
-87 VW 8v GTI (Will this car ever die? 250kmi)
-87 Audi 5kCSTQ (recently aquired, not featured on my site)
http://www.members.tripod.com/pchandyman