Re: UPDATE good/bad Oil pan gasket change gone very bad

I had that O-ring go bad (between the cooler and flange).  Also, I have done
the gasket between the block and oil flange (that is why my car only cost
$100)  The gasket was hard as hell! damn it really sucked!!!  The o-ring
however is a different story.  I did it the cheap way and didn't even get the
right part. instead I used the o-ring from the new oil filter!  for the
filter's o-ring I used the ring from the old filter.  (new one on top)
Worked great and I didn't even have to bum a ride to the stealership.