Re: how can i tell if i have powerlocks

NastyRican1021@aol.com wrote:

> i had a short the other day and the locks started going up and down. i didnt
> knw i had powerlocks. i cant find the wires for them tho. any idas on if i
> got powerlocks?
>
> --

VW (as John said) uses vacuum to power the door locks and such. Look in
the trunk/ rear hatch area for the air pump, it most likely behind a
carpeted area. (My experience w/ this stuff is A2 Jettas).

Other wise I'd think the PO had installed electrical operators in each
door to work the locks.

You will need the Bentley/ Haneys combo to track wires, no substitute
for looking and diagramming on a clipboard.

TBerk